Information is collected from Customers by Heidi & Company through the use of the Heidi Nails site. This Privacy Statement applies only to information collected by Heidi Nails.
A. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
In order to provide you with products of interest to you and to continually improve your shopping experience on Heidinails.com, we collect information about our Customers in a variety of ways. In some cases, Heidi & Company asks customers directly for information in order for them to purchase products or use our services, and, in other cases, information is collected automatically as customers are using our Web Site. You may choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to purchase products or take advantage of the features we offer. The following is a summary of the kinds of information Heidi & Company collects:
1. Active Collection
Heidi & Company is the sole owner of information collected on Heidinails.com. Heidi & Company collects certain information either voluntarily or as required in order to register with Heidi & Company or use certain Heidi & Company Services. Such information may include:
- Order form. Contact information, such as name, mailing address, email address and phone number.
- Shipping or transaction information, such as billing address and financial information (credit card number and expiration date) if you choose to purchase products offered for sale on the Heidi & Company Web site. If we have trouble processing an order, the information is used to contact the Customer.
- Demographic information such as zip code.
- Information you enter in forms and optional surveys or contests, such as name and email address.
- Information provided in email requests and communications.
- Information from other sources. In order to personalize our service by providing better product recommendations or special offers we may think will interest you, we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
2. Passive Collection
Some information is collected automatically while you are using Heidinails.com. It is important to note that Heidi & Company must store this information in order to ensure its Customers receive optimal service while using Heidi & Company services. This type of information includes:
Log files information, such as IP addresses,
browser type, domain names, number of page
views, login frequency, page or section
accesses. Log files are used to track member
usage and engagement and to gauge the
effectiveness of our different services. We
use your IP address to help diagnose problems
with our server and to administer the Web
B. HOW DOES HEIDI & COMPANY USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED?
Heidi & Company endeavors to strictly adhere to state, local and federal laws regarding the preservation and archiving of information collected. In addition to the uses described elsewhere in this Privacy Statement, Heidi & Company may use the information you provide in the following ways:
- To contact you about our products and services or about your use of our Web site.
- For marketing and promotional purposes.
- To respond to your comments or requests or to request feedback regarding our products or services.
- For billing purposes, to facilitate transactions and to fill Customer orders in connection with purchases of products offered by Heidi & Company.
- For the specific purpose for which the information was provided.
HOW DOES HEIDI & COMPANY COMMUNICATE WITH
Heidi & Company would like to communicate with its Customers when we have new products or services we feel are of special interest to you. Unless you opt-out of communications from Heidi & Company, you may receive the following types of communications:
- Special Offers and Updates. We will send Heidi & Company Customers a welcome email to verify your participation in the Heidi & Company products and services we offer. Established Customers will occasionally receive information on products, services and special deals or coupons. Out of respect for the privacy of our Customers, we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Please see the Choice/Opt-out section.
- Customer Service. We communicate with Customers on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account, we reply via email or phone, in accordance with the Customer's wishes.
- Refer a friend. If a Customer elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask them for the friend's name and email address. Heidi & Company will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. Heidi & Company stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this email and tracking the success of our referral program. The friend may contact Heidi & Company to request the removal of this information from our database.
D. WHAT INFORMATION IS SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Heidi & Company will NOT disclose information you provide to us to any third party.
The following outlines different types of security procedures Heidi & Company has in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of the information collected.
1. Identification and Authentication
Access to the data is assigned to specific individuals in order to maintain strict control over access. We do not grant general access to data within Heidi & Company and, except as set forth in this Privacy Statement, access to data is not granted to parties outside Heidi & Company. We also verify the identity of the persons accessing the data by using a login name and password. Passwords are required to be six characters and include a non-alphabetic character. In addition, login session times-out after a period of time to prevent unauthorized use.
2. Authorization and Access Control
Only authorized personnel have access to restricted data. Access to sensitive data such as individually identifiable health information is revoked in a timely manner for employees who change function or resign. Nondisclosure Agreements are in place with contractors and third parties having access to individually identifiable health information.
3. Data Confidentiality
Heidi & Company uses 128-bit encryption and a security firewall to protect the confidentiality of customer information. These files are password protected and not accessible to others.
4. Data Integrity and Retention
We implement full database backups by our certified Database Administrator to establish data consistency and integrity. We also grant customers access to their information in order to verify that the data is still accurate and has not been modified or corrupted. Data are stored on our secure server and backed up to tape. Such data are stored to the extent required by state, federal and local laws. Our Web servers are located in a secure and environmentally controlled room/location. Backups are automated and scheduled using industry-standard net backup software and backup tapes are continuously stored in a secure location off-site.
Heidi & Company may offer links to other Web sites. Please be aware that Heidi & Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of such linked sites, including sites of our partners. We encourage our Customers to be aware of this when they leave Heidinails.com and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Heidi & Company.
Heidinails.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We may sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Heidinails.com only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
Heidi & Company gives Customers the ability to opt-out of receiving future communications from Heidi & Company.